What is a TSS Chapter?
The Student Scientist wants to spread the mission of creating opportunities for research in STEM-related fields, as well as encourage people in local communities to explore STEM. Our high school, college, and university chapters are led by science-driven individuals who are looking to guide others in their chapter. They provide resources, internships, and opportunities for students across the nation to learn about their passion in STEM.
We encourage our local chapters to help students who are interested and passionate about STEM to meet together on a regular basis:
- Have discussions on TSS articles and outside sources to increase STEM awareness
- Explore STEM-related fields
- Volunteer and intern at local STEM-related facilities
- Host a stimulating STEM-related event for their school/community
- Submit their own scientific articles
- Understand student empowerment and their potential with TSS and the scientific community
For more details, feel free to reach out to any of the points of contacts or fill out the interest form!
How to Start A Chapter
Our team has worked hard to make the process of creating a chapter easy! Just fill out the interest form and we will have a team member reach out to you. We have also created a resource drive that helps you approach your school to create a chapter, recruit local members, and submit articles! You may create a chapter for your local school, community, or state. We have team members that will work with you to ensure that all students have the opportunity of creating a chapter and sharing their passion and knowledge of STEM with their peers.
TSS National Chapter Initiative Managers